Monday, June 17, 2013

E-mail 06/17/2013

He took pictures of his letter and sent them to us to translate; unfortunately, like the Bible, pages were missing, so it is an incomplete translation.

Familia

Well the past two weeks have been an adventure; so I will go over that this week. Because multiple people have asked about part 2 of the airplane, I will try to go over that one next week and because there really wasn't that much more to it, I will put more detail into it.

Well as for two weeks ago, the reason I didn't e-mail was because I was skyping my family (for those of you who didn't know) and for those who were there, some of this might be a repeat. But after that I found out that I would be going on splits with the other district leaders companion, because the zone leaders and the district leaders were going to Leon for a meeting. Oh and my companion is the other district leader. We made the exchange on Tuesday night. I went over to their place and stayed the night and spent the day working in their area. It was a tough day, the first reason, … (page not sent)
then I would say, roller coaster, because the buses, they bounce up and down, side to side sometimes you feel like you going to die, and they even do loops.......around the city. Most of the time I have to sit sideways and if I'm not careful while standing, when the bus bounces I could hit my head. I've actually hit my head against the hand bars a few times. You also have to be careful when getting on and off. Because they are very anxious to get going. Once I got off about five feet from where my companion got off. As for the taxis, they're actually not as crazy of drivers then all the rest of the people on the road. But what makes a good taxi is when my head doesn't touch the ceiling and my knees aren't slammed against the dashboard.

Other things that have happened, is Monday when we got home and started to clean … (page not sent)
the other thing to happen this week was a storm hit. There was so much lightning that I could barely count to two when another would strike. It was kind of like a light show. The weird thing is I didn't hear any thunder. But it flooded part of the road. So that was kind of scary. But when we got home we forgot to close one of the windows so the next morning it flooded one of the rooms and it seeped into the bathroom. So you can image my surprise when I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and I hear splash splash. My first thought was “crap, I hope this isn't toilet water” but then I flipped the light on and it was clean water. But we spent most of that morning cleaning it out. There was about a quarter of an inch. But luckily nothing was damaged. So that was a few interesting things this week.

Love
Elder Durrant

Que Dios le acompañe
(God be with you)

This is when Elder Christoffersen came

No comments:

Post a Comment