Monday, July 14, 2014

E-mail 07/14/2014

Well schools out and the world cup finished up, so we didn`t find a lot of people in their homes.  We had 50 contacts this week, so we hope to get things moving.  This is actually the lowest baptizing mission in Mexico, but we are working our hardest to change that, we will see what this next week brings. We had a really weird and funny contact, there was a teenager walking by us, and I said good evening, and all of a sudden he stops and says hi I`m Jonathon.  A little confused I asked what he was up to, and he said that he was going to the store.  Well we assumed that he wanted to talk to us so we contacted him and then he went with his girlfriend and not the store. LOL.
Well I don`t remember if I mentioned it before or not, so I`ll just do it again. I finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish a couple of weeks ago.  It`s interesting to think of how much I understood before and now.  I can almost get the same out of it as English, it`s still not the same though.  Also I was studying about faith and hope, because I always get confused and reading in PMG they sounded the same, but after studying it some more I think I figured out what the difference is.  But I`m interesting to hear your thoughts on it.  I`m sure that would be a good Sunday discussion.
Oh and I almost forgot, they changed the districts and made a new one, so now there are three areas in my district, us and two comp. of hermanas, so me and my comp. are the only elders in my district :( so this will be interesting, but that`s ok because Hermanas usually work hard.
les Amo
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment