Monday, November 17, 2014

E-mail 11/17/2014

Well this week nothing went as planned, but as you know "plans are made to be changed."  We didn´t have the baptism this week that we had planned, and he will be going to Mexico City this week, so we gave him some ways to contact the missionaries down there.  We didn´t manage to get the house rented yet that we went to see last Monday, he has some issues about the contract (as always :( )  but we will be talking to him tomorrow.  One thing that went better then I thought was an activity we had on Saturday to encourage the members to do the work of salvation.  I will admit that I was a little concerned about effectiveness of sending the members out to contact people on the street, but it turned out better then I thought.  People were more accepting of them then they are to two white guys with a white shirt and tie.  I just hope that it´ll encourage them to talk to their friends.  The other nice thing is, seeing as the ward is at the point of destruction, so it has encouraged them to do home teaching, they just made the assignments this week, and if they do it, this will be the first time I have seen home teaching since I got here.  I´m hoping they do it, because if not, it doesn´t matter how much work we put into it, we won´t be able to save the ward on our own.
Oh me and my companion have found some Christmas lights, so we put them up in our house for the Christmas spirit.  I know what your thinking, that it´s too early to be thinking about Christmas.  But not here in Mexico, everyone here loves to celibate, the day they stop celebrating is a sad day (well that´s not really true, they still celebrate when they are sad :).
Les amo
Elder Durrant

 
 
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment