Monday, September 8, 2014

E-mail 09/08/2014

Wow what a week, yea I know I say that every week, but this week we have officially entered the rainy season.  It hit hard on Wednesday and just about all the rest of the week.  It was sunny on Sunday, but it´s getting ready for another go around.  Well there really aren´t any gutters here, some times you´ll see a drain, but for the most part the roads are designed so the water runs down to the river.   Seeing as about half my area has dirt roads, it gets interesting, but I say it makes it fun. Because it´s always sunny here, it get´s so hot, and it makes for good contacting.  Some people saw us in the street while it was down pouring so they waved us over to get under cover for a few minutes.  When it stops there's some parts of the road where there are big puddles, so people try to get the water to move down the road, because after a few days it starts to smell bad.  I don´t know why, I think it would dry up with all this heat, but it doesn´t, at least not very fast.  All this rain does take a toll on my shoes, but we shall see how long they last. Well we didn´t get many lessons this week, I would have thought that more people would be in their houses with all this rain, but obviously people don't think the way I do.   We did manage to contact 103 people this week, that´s the most contacts that I have ever done in my mission in one week.  We are starting to find more and more people to teach.  It was so funny because as we were walking down the street, there was a group of guys and one yelled "hey cachito y dos metros" basically he said hey shorty and two meters.  For the most part kids like to try and practice their English with me or ask about words.  Sorry this week´s letter isn´t that long but in general I´m doing good and hope the same for you all.
Les amo
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment