Monday, October 27, 2014

E-mail 10/27/2014

Well this week we have been busy working in two areas, or trying to find members to help out, but we are moving things along, we just have to hold out for two more weeks. We also had Stake Conference this week, but this is the first time I have not seen a Seventy come to a Stake Conference here in Mexico.  I liked it though, especially the priesthood session.  We split up in different rooms, one for the bishops and their counselors, another for the secretaries and another for the ward mission leaders, we stayed with the ward mission leaders.  The Stake President was the one teaching us, so it was nice to see them discuss some of the problems, and it has given me a few ideas to help get members involved in the work.  Like we discussed, it´s the members job to do missionary work, we are just here to help.  I don´t think there is enough time to keep this ward from getting combined with Versalles, unless we started seeing some miracles, but we are going to do the best we can.
My companion´s Spanish is improving quickly.  This week we helped him roll his R, but now he is doing it all the time so it can sound better, but it´s getting annoying, but that´s ok he´s just happy to get the language down.
I hope you like the pics I´ll be sure to send some pics of those tomatoes if we get some;)
Les amo
Elder Durrant
cerro de muerte (hill of death) it looks like a person
laying down head to the left feet to the right
 
Elder Arnold eating his first nito
(negrito(liittle black boy))
it´s a chocolate twinky
Elder Montes de oca eating his first twinky
check out what we found in our backyard,
looks like I just might be getting something
special for Christmas this year
 
 
I found a little friend at church
(I let him go out side)

No comments:

Post a Comment