Monday, July 22, 2013

E-mail 07-22-2013

Familia,

Sorry this might be a short one. I don`t have a lot of time left. But this week has it`s ups and downs. But we got two new investigators this week.  It`s kinda a funny story how.  So my companion had to go to a meeting, but we had an appointment with an investigator, so Elder Condie went with me. We did the lesson in a members business and she invited two people to come and listen.  But the unfortunate thing is we where teaching the law of chastity, so you can imagine how I was feeling. Another thing that just added to the pressure, one was a 20 and a guy, another was a girl and 20 too, the other was a 39 year old man.  He didn`t participate, just sat off to the side and listened. But the member helped a lot, by translating anything that didn`t make sense to them.  The best part is she still wanted to know more after the lesson, my companion even asked her some questions to see if she understood it, and she did.  I talk to the other guy after the lesson and he said he had six kids and so I told him the importance of families in our message and how the law of chastity was to help families. So I managed to get his information, but we haven`t been able to visit him yet.  Just because we can only do it at certain times, so yea that was my first full lesson or at least without my companion being there. I don`t know if he thought it would be funny to have me try to teach the law of chastity, but it sure took a miracle to get me through it.
Spanish word = Alma sounds the same but it means soul so in Spanish we have to specify when we are talking about the book of Alma.

Love You All Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment