Monday, December 23, 2013

Email 12/23/2013

Well this week has been fantastic.  We had the mission Christmas party this last week, and Pres. gave us all new scripture cases with our names on them and chocolate.  We each bought something for another missionary, I got socks and more chocolate, :) and we did some skits about the nativity, and I was Joseph.  We also sang a song in English "What Child is This". When we finished and headed for Fresnillo, because we meet together with the zone in Zacatacas, we got on a bus that was already full, so we crammed in and sang carols, it was awesome.  I have also seen miracles this week, one of them was that we managed to have 7 with a baptism day and they all came to church this week.  I don`t know why but we have been having a hard time getting our investigators in the CdeO (Casa de Oración or House of Prayer) lately, but this is the most we have had at one time here.  The other miracle is that I lost my bag with my scriptures in a bus in Fresnillo, we had already bought the tickets for Rio Grande when we realized so we called the DL, because it passes by his house. I didn`t hear anything from the zone leaders until about five,  because that's when they had time to go by where the bus stops for a time (they live close to it.) Well they told me it was in the first bus they asked.  I learned a valuable lesson about faith, I have a quote that says "faith and doubt cannot exist in the same person at the same time" I believe it`s from Pres. Monson. I had to take out all my doubts before I got a confirmation.  And it helped to help others, a new investigator had an experience a lot worse then a lost bag, so just remember that our trials aren`t just for us but to help others to.

Love you Lots and I will be talking to you a las tres en la tarde de navidad! (at three o'clock in the afternoon of Christmas!)
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment