Monday, December 30, 2013

E-mail 12/30/2013

WOW what a week!  Well first of all, it was pretty fantastically awesome to see you guys this week, well I thought about some of your questions this week.  One of them was what nicknames do I have for being tall, well like I said I don´t really have any, but I´m always used to line up the camera when we have a group photo and they people here always think I am really old because I´m tall.  One sister in Aguascalientes thought I was 33 years old, and there was one sister that was flirting with me that was 28 years, until she asked me how old I was. :D
As for the temperature this week, well it was hot until the day after Christmas, so it felt more like Christmas the next day then the actual day.  It still hasn´t snowed, but one sister here thinks it will snow this year.  Here they get snow every once in awhile, I hope it´s this year.  The cold just makes live more exciting, something different, always hot is just so boring.
Well the next time I will try practicing my English so you can actually understand me.  You know, just the thought that I have to practice my English is funny. :)

Well as for work, our ward mission leader (LM=líder misional) came home on Christmas break, so we have taken this chance to work hard with him.  At one point we visited every one we could think of that was close by, but no one was home or was busy, so we asked our LM if there was a less active close by that he knew of.  Well after a little while we went and visited a family, the father is a member, but the Mother and two boys aren´t.  They were very interested in why we visited them, so when we told them what happened, they said God must have sent us, because they are going through a hard time right now.  Something happened at church so they stopped going, but they don´t go anywhere on Sundays, and she wants to start going again, so we have high hopes for them.
We hope to have two baptisms this week.  One of them, she just needs to be married, which we are working on doing this week, it´ll be a very simple wedding, but then she can be baptized.  The other one is ready she just has a few of those little worries, she is ready she just dosen´t think so herself.

Oh and I forgot to tell you when I called that President Villarreal says hi.
¡Les amo!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment