Monday, March 3, 2014

E-mail 03/03/2014

Wow what a week! (I say that just about every week, life´s just not boring here.)
Well we had a to go to Valparaiso this week and my companion was with the comp. of the Elders there, but they got to the bus station late and we missed our bus and it only passes every two hours.  So we stuck around for a little bit longer and we went and ate with the member there.  Well it isn`t the first time I have eaten in a shed, but it was still a humbling experience.  I tried eating only one plate of food because there was others waiting to eat, but they wouldn't let us leave without having at least two plate fulls.  The food was actually really good.  Then we finally got back to Fresnillo about 7 so we didn`t get much work in that day. 
then Saturday we had an activity, we got some paint and started to paint the trees and with graffiti!  No I`m just joking, but we really did paint trees.  We went to a school for a service project, and I got to paint the trees but it wasn`t paint it was stuff to kill the bugs.  When me and my comp. walked home, everyone was starring at me, I have no Idea why, maybe you guys can figure it out
 

 
I think the other elders thought I was a tree too. It was super fun, I really was trying to work, but that doesn`t mean they were too.
Well the other thing that happened this week is transfers(yes I`m finally able to remember how to say that in English.)  Well Elder Velazco left for another area here in Fresnillo and my new comp. is Elder Madsen.  Yes, he is my very first comp. in the field that is from the USA. He just finished his training, but his Spanish is really good, so it`ll be a little weird this transfer to be able to talk in English, so maybe when mothers day comes I will be able to talk to you guys and it won`t come out as Spanglish.

well that`s this week
¡Les amo!
Elder Durrant


No comments:

Post a Comment