Monday, April 21, 2014

E-mail 04/21/2014

WOW! what a week!
It has been so busy this week, in a new area during holy week and a ton of meetings. Well first we started with the district meeting on Tuesday, there are a lot more in this district then my last one. Then we had a meeting with the zone leaders on Wednesday, and they arrived an hour late. Later that day we had a meeting with the bishop to see how the work was coming along, and that took two hours.  Then he assigned me to give a talk, so I got to give another talk on Easter, like last year.  Then on Thursday we had a weekly planning meeting and a missionary that came home from his mission.  The funny thing is that he came home from Costa Rica, where the sisters in the MTC went from my district, so I asked if he knew them.  Apparently in Costa Rica, they don`t eat spicy food so when he got home he was having a hard time eating the food.  Then we had our meeting with the ward mission leader which took another two hours (ya me canse de reuniones [and I get tired of meetings]) but the Lider misional (LM) [missionary leader] is great, he does visits and tries to get the members involved in the work.  When Friday finally came I was so exited to have a day complete of just work, and to top it all off it rained (YES!)  It gets so hot here and life is just boring when it´s sunny all the time.  It actually iced a bit at the beginning, and they even stung a little. 
The work is moving along here, there are four missionaries in this ward, the Hermanas [Sisters] have the part of the ward with all the members, so that means we just have to work a little harder.  We have two investigators right now, one ready to be baptized, so we get to look for new people.  The ward has given us 6 references and hopefully we can get some more. 
Well I have seen a few new things here in SLP like street drains, and the most advanced garbage pickup I have ever seen. I will send a pic.  Oh ¡Feliz Cumpleaños! [Happy Birthday!] (to Elizabeth)  One of the tradition here is on your birthday when they bring in the cake you have to bite it, and then as you are biting it they push your head into it. I have a few pics of a few birthdays here.
Les quiero [I love them]
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment