Monday, April 28, 2014

E-mail 04/28/2014

This week on the mission, zone conference, contacts, raid and more.
Well this week has been busy with meetings all week again.  This week we only got one full day to work with all the other days meetings like from last week (except for the one with the bishop.) We had a zone conference on Friday, that started at 9 and ended at 2, it was way awesome even though it was super long.  We watched the talk by Elder Oaks and the dedication of the MTC in Mexico.  It`s interesting to see the way things are changing in the work and how fast it`s changing.  We are getting a bunch of hermanas (sisters) in my district, there are two companionship of hermanas and two of Elders. 
As a goal for the zone we have been doing contacts on the streets (because we can`t knock on doors.)  The goal is 35 every week.  To be totally honest I don`t like to do contacts, I prefer to wait for a good opportunity, and it just so happens I found one this week.  I was waiting in line to check my card, and there was a young mother waiting in line just in front of me with her toddler running about (just like John at this age.)  So I started to talk to him to keep him distracted, he even asked me at one point "what do you do?" so I answered him with a smile on my face;)  Then the mother started to ask me some questions and so I talked shortly about prophets and she asked me if we visit homes we said yes and then she asked "can you visit me on Monday?" me and my comp looked at each other and then said yes, then she gave us her address, so we will be visiting her today.  If only all contacts were so easy, but then we wouldn`t learn anything. I still do a bunch of contacts but they usually don`t turn out so good.
Well the other thing that I did this week, is I bought a can of raid, to kill all the cucarachas (cockroaches) in my house, the stuff really works, I love it.  It kills them fast and it doesn`t leave a stain on the floor.  My comp thinks I`m a bit crazy, and everyone always tries to tell me that I shouldn`t kill them because they are creations of God, but that hasn`t convinced me yet.  Luckily they are small still but they are getting bigger, but luckily I will have my can of raid next to me.  It was so worth the forty pesos.
I haven`t really talked much about my comp. he is Elder Quispe (keys-pay) he is from Peru, and he comes up to my shoulders, so about Shari`s height, pobre Élder porque camino muy rapido (poor Elder because I walk very fast) well he keeps up at my normal pace but when we have to get somewhere fast he has to run.
Well I hope you guys liked my news line at the beginning and have a fantastic week.
Les amo
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment