Monday, May 12, 2014

E-mail 05/12/2014



WOW! what a week, I can`t believe how the time just flies by.  On the 15th, I will have one year in Mexico.  It felt like just last month I called for Christmas. It was awesome to see you guys even though I couldn`t hear you very well.  Next time I`ll be sure to have the laptop, because a tablet just can`t handle you guys (well I`m not sure what can.)  Well as for this week, we have hit hard on contacting, my comp. is so funny, because he doesn`t like contacting (well I don`t either) but he insisted that he could do it better.  After trying all day to get him to contact, he said that the one he would contact would accept.  So he went up to a lady and chatted with her, she said she would like to hear our message, but not right now because she is passing through a hard time, after a while of trying to convince her that this was the best time, her bus came and so we did get her address.  Elder Quispe still tried to convince me that she really did accept, but I wasn`t convinced.  He says that he can tell who will accept and who won`t, the only problem is, he won`t do it.  So we came to an agreement, he says who and I contact them.  It has actually worked out nicely, so we have a high rate of people who accept.  That`s when we found Yesenia, she has six children and is going through a divorce.  We stopped by her house during the week, the lesson was fantastic, she already prays like we do and everything.  When we got there, she said she read the pamphlet we gave her of the Restoration but she said she couldn`t do the questions in the back because she doesn`t  have a book of Mormon.  So we took care of that.  She even went to church this week, we are so happy!
Then today I went to Aguascalientes for the first time since I left my first area, it was so weird to see the place again, I even saw a member from my ward.  I heard that the membership is about two hundred something, when I was there, it was about 120 active members so it has grown a lot since I was there.  We got up about six in the morning to get to Aguascalientes by eleven.  Then we didn`t get back to our area until 8 so, that`s why I`m writing this letter so late.  It was a long time in buses, one hour to get to the bus station and three to get to Aguascalientes. In the long distance buses they actually play movies.  I tried to read or sleep (it was a lot easier to ignore them when I didn`t understand Spanish) but today Satan really tried to tempt me with Star Trek 2.  Thankfully there where four of us going to Aguascalientes, so we just turned around and chatted with the two seated behind us.  It was funny because sometimes the buses give us snacks for the ride, but this time they even gave us this really nifty little pillows.
Well that was some of the adventures for this week tune in next week for more!
¡Les amo!
Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment