Monday, June 30, 2014

E-mail 06/30/2014

Well this week we didn´t have very many people at church, but it has something to do with the fact that Mexico played in the Copa Mundial (World Cup) right before church started.
Oh well their lose, and they got to see Mexico loose, well I`m sad to see them go, but at the same time I`m glad, because every time they play we can`t find anyone and there are a lot of drunks out on the street. 
As for the work, we are trying to find some Less actives so we can have more member support. The area Pres. wants us to have three members close by to visit each of our investigators, but it get`s tough when three is over half the members in your area, so we want to change that.  It might not help us a lot right now, but it`ll help those that come later on.  We are also trying to get some youth to go on a mission.  One has decided to go, but the other is still unsure.  Anyone after them still  has a while to think about it, but we are still trying to get them excited to serve.
They always ask if we have ever regretted serving a mission, we tell them no, but of course there are those moments that are hard, but I have learned the harder it gets the better I become.  So if it wasn`t hard it wouldn`t be worth it.  There is a video very popular amongst the missionaries, it`s call "Mission and the Atonement."  I`m pretty sure you can find it on youtube.
This week I also found some old coins.  Each one cost 5 pesos, for now I just got six but I think I will buy more this next Saturday.  I don`t remember if I told you guys, in my last area a Hna gave me a 5 peso coin, but this coin has some silver in it.  It`s now worth more then the legal value.  I will see if I can send some pics.
¡Les amo!
Elder Durrant



I think this is the video David was talking about.....


Missionary Work and the Atonement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6FKiNVbw3Y

No comments:

Post a Comment